View Single Post
      03-17-2019, 09:45 AM   #1
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

So took my x5 to the dealer for a water pump and a leaking oil filter housing. Engine has been flawless otherwise no noises and or strange things happening that would slide to something like this otherwise.

Was driving home and got a yellow heat warning pulled off the road and ran codes and got a water pump error. Towed to the dealer and engine would run fine and strong. After the tear down the thermostat still had the wax plug intact so they said no overheating happened. And reused the thermostat

Anyway dealer replaced parts flushes coolant system new oil change took it outside to test drive and stalled it 3 times and got it back to the service bay ran codes found none took it back out and blew the motor, giant black puff of smoke, chained it back to the dealer.

Oil serviced every 5k miles all fluids changed and was very keen on maintenance. They tried to blame my high mileage of 155k but they quickly backtracked.

Their asking BMW for a good will as it's a 17k dollar fix.

What do you guys think I should do?

I figure the car gave the mechanic 3 hail marries something was wrong and got it back to the dealer it should have never been driven a Second time as something was wrong, and the decision to take it out a second time was on them.

They did give me this paper where it showed mechanic took it out stalled it and took it out again and blew it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0