Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanry Manson View Post
Good day you guys.
I need your advice.
I have X6 series E71 2012.
Have been thinking about replacing the original stereo for a long time.
I started looking around on the internet.
Found this company.
https://smarty-trend.com/545-bmw-x5-x6-series-e70-e71
They have a lot of choices, also have information on YouTube.
They specified support for OEM functions, warranty and different ways to buy.
I've never bought one of these before.
I wanted to know what you think about it.
P. S. this is not spam, but a kind request for help, from those people who know about it.
Thank you.
I could be wrong, but I believe these are all the same units sold by the same or similar manufacturers in China and offered by varying vendors. If you read this long thread (and many others) you'll get a good idea of the strengths and weaknesses. In my experience these are overall a good upgrade b/c you can add some new technology to your E70/E71 platform, the newer versions keep improving sound output, and it's a positive aesthetic improvement IMO. The biggest weakness is that they can feel like beta versions at times with 1) spotty functionality 2) a total immersion into the system is needed to overcome issues 3) random static filled calls, etc. My hope is that each new version continues to overcome these issues and becomes more functional and user friendly.

I will say, as I've mentioned in this thread, I've managed to get better lossless file audio output from this android upgrade via OEM AUX IN versus the OEM side audio (Individual S752A Audio Option). This required the 'total immersion' effort I mention above to figure out. BUT now that I have the capability, to use it requires me EACH time to 1) Wait for android startup 2) clear any screens previously open 3) select Apps 4) select the player 5) discard any window warnings 6) make a few menu selections to get to 'shuffle all'. It doesn't remember the last song I was at when I turned off the car a few minutes ago. [UPDATE: What happens, not sure why, but at the end of a drive I wind up with 2-4 windows of the player app open, though I've only been using one. It just happens in background and I don't notice while in the player app. At the start of the next drive, I can pick one and continue but if I don't clear them out more app windows open in background and then it will get spotty/confused. Maybe it's the app or a setting. Which reminds me, I spent A LOT of time on getting the settings just right]

Whereas if I were on the OEM audio side 1) engine start 2) idrive to external devices (iphone via BT) 3) starts playing from the last song showing in my iphone. I don't use the wireless carplay in the android b/c it skips during playback of music...I believe there is a fix with version updates but upon contacting the vendor I need to reconnect carplay and record a video of the wildly intermittent issue before they'll help me with the update.

$0.02

Last edited by argento; 04-14-2022 at 08:31 AM..
Appreciate 0