View Single Post
      09-27-2021, 03:30 PM   #225
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_G View Post
Hi All -Two questions I'm throwing out to see if anyone has thoughts or answers.

1) Does anyone here have issues with music skipping when streaming from apps like Spotify in their CarPlay experience? This seems to happen for me at random, it works fine for a while, then skips for a while every 10 seconds to 1 minute, and then gets better again with no issue. It impacts music that I'm streaming, or even music that is downloaded within Spotify—which I believe means it's not an internet streaming issue.

2) Has anyone been able to access their climate controls user interfaces (seat heat GUI, air direction, etc) while in the android environment? The 4x4 shop told me unfortunately it's not possible, which is quite frustrating, but I figure I'll poke around to see if anyone has come up with anything.

Thanks for any thoughts.

^Regarding question #2 above...I believe the final answer is NO. I've been coding this week and one of the items I coded was for heat seat distribution menu to appear when I press the heated seat button. While on the android side, pressing the heated seat button, does not switch you back to oem side. However, when you manually switch to the oem side, the menu will be there. It disappears after about 10s, so you'd have to switch back within that time to see it displayed. There are other climate display menus you can code to ENABLE, like Air Distribution and Show [hvac] Auto Mode. I did not code these to enable, but doubt they will work when the heated button did not work. FWIW.