View Single Post
      09-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #87
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
See gan23's post...the EU OEM Hitch is a stronger and better design.

You clearly don't understand the differences between the testing methodology, resulting in the higher rating of the EU hitch. So which one are you ranting about now, first you said quality? now its supposedly stonger? better design?

The thread that was quoted was a thread that I contributed to when it originally started. Don't get me wrong, the existing execuhitch product is good stuff, and definitely a cleaner install. To say that the OE hitch is of lower quality because you have a cut out is nonsense. I have not seen one post about a failure of the OE hitch, and there have been several with the initial execuhitch product (which has since been fixed).

From my own experience, I've towed over 18,000 miles with the OE NA hitch over the last 3 years, all of which was pulling a 6000lb boat and trailer, with zero issues.

Westfalia makes the North American hitch, and the Euro hitch. I'm not sure where you got the idea that Excuhitch makes the hitch for BMW in Europe. In Australia, its Hayman Reece.

Last edited by blue dragon; 09-07-2014 at 09:25 PM..
Appreciate 0