View Single Post
      06-09-2020, 08:09 PM   #60
Aferanova
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X6 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post
1. I would use your car's microphone. IF it doesn't work, then you can use supplied. I didn't get a microphone in my package...but I haven't confirmed a phone call yet...car's been in the garage since Mar, with drives in the neighborhood every week or so to get to temp.
2. I think it depends on whether you got the optional wireless carplay. If you didn't, then you need the carplay dongle connected to USB. With wireless, and iOS, there is an app in the monitor called ZLink...and I set it to open each time phone is connected via BT.
3. I received that antenna and I thought it was for the TV option I ordered (and didn't install). It's not required for nominal usage...at least I didn't need it.
Apparently what I thought was a microphone was actually a speaker for the nav. I’m planning on not using it since I heard others didn’t need it.

I saw somewhere by default it would use its built in microphone rather than the cars? And if you want to use the cars for the android side you need to get an adapter to run it to the new head unit.

Any experience with these?
Appreciate 0