robinasu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 E70 BMW X5d

Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumitru.o View Post
hi guys,

i am sorry i didn t posted lately in this topic but there are lots of questions and is very hard to follow/answer....i will try to sum it up what i know and hopefully you can get most of your questions from it

first of all, i did this retrofit on an E70 2008 3.0D with Cruise Control with Braking function and Active Steering.

i replaced the SZL (to have the ACC stalk), the KOMBI (because i found one nice from X5M - downside***** is that you can t get the ACC info on it ->you only can see it in the HUD), the FRM (replaced before for LCI retrofit), used ACC sensor (new bracket), used LDM module

i updated all the modules to the latest sw level (except the KOMBI i think) then change the year in the VO to LCI (or at least one that could accept $5DF) and added $5DF to the VO then coded the car

bear in mint that the process was not that simple and that i did lots of trial and error before getting to the expected result

a wrong combination of date and SA code in the VO will give you an error on NCS so if you get to that, check all the SA coded you have in the VO, one of them might not be compatible to the new date (LCI) you wrote into your VO

there are other (at least) two key points you should have in mind when going for this retrofit:

1. E70 and E71 are not 100% identical cars and you should investigate deeper into TIS for your specific model and especially for your specific year and optional

The ACC requires an ICM control unit (Integrated Chassis Management) or an LDM control unit (Longitudinal Dynamics Management) in addition to the ACC control unit. These control unit are then installed as follows:

In the X6 an LDM control unit is installed as well as the ACC control unit. In addition, there is also another ICM control unit which is not however used for the ACC function!
In the X5 an LDM control unit is installed as well as the ACC control unit.
On all other vehicles, an ICM control unit is installed as well as the ACC control unit.

The Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go function has been available since 2007. The Stop&Go function expands the familiar Active Cruise Control feature by the following functions:

more here: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...ntrol/BIQgK4xr

2. the DSC module is only one on the E70 non LCI and two distinct DSC modules on the LCI models from 04.2010 (with or without 5DF)

https://bimmercat.com/bmw/en/search/...N2/ECE/34_1601

i will return with more info once i retrieve them

DSC interface error is usually because of wrong coding or because of wrong module but for the retrofit to ACC i still suggest the DSC is not needed if the car had 544 (for non LCI cars i mean)
Ok, you and Kiss are both saying LCI cars need the new DSC hydro unit with "ACC" written on the label- glad I found one a couple days ago and it will arrive next week.

I also installed and wired the active steering module. The next time you are at the car it would be cool if you can note which SW is loaded on the active steering module and your DSC. When powered up, my active steering module complains a lot about the DSC. I did upgrade it to the latest software, but I'm wondering if that was a bad thing as I was looking in the daten config files and for platform ZW03 the last active steering software version was a couple ZUSB numbers behind the final ZUSB. Keep in mind I did not have the rack installed or connected and have not performed the active steering setup. I want to confirm the software will work before I drop the subframe. lol
Appreciate 0