View Single Post
      05-28-2020, 09:12 PM   #32
robinasu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 E70 BMW X5d

Update

Ok, here is where I'm at:

I still have codes 62d6 & 63dd. ISTA+ guided fault finding says these codes are caused by external components. Remember, I do not have the correct SZL with the ACC following distance dial and the SZL signals flow through the DSC, so the 62d6 & 63dd "interface" codes make sense.

I confirmed I have these ZUSB #'s:

FRR is 6863329
LDM is 6793927
DSC is 6864696

The only error in the car is from the LDM, which I was able to flash with WINKFP. After that it needed coding. After coding, it worked as it did before the WINKFP flash.

I cannot flash the FRR. WinKFP complains about changing programming modes with 10FLASH and "ecu security access denied / security access requested." Otherwise, it's green in ISTA+ and throws no codes. I can also play around with the FRR ECU settings in ISTA+, so I believe it's working.

I believe DSC 6864696 will work, but not 100%. The daten database tools in the BimmerGeeks tool package say it works with 5DF.

ISTA-P acts weird- it doesn't think the car needs the LDM and FRR even though the VO has 5DF.

Also, the car won't let me change the build date from 07/12 to 08/12 or 9/12 using either NCSexpert or ISTA-P. I didn't try any other dates. Maybe I need to be in expert mode for this? I'm not sure I need to change the date but it's just odd and I'd like to know why it behaves like that.

I wound up making a NCSexpert .SSD file to code the whole car quickly and I recommend it.

Hopefully Dumitru can chime in with some more details to help me confirm my direction, but at this point, I'm leaning towards needing the ACC SZL.

Can you guys share the numbers on the SZL label if you have it in your notes (or a pic)?

Last edited by robinasu; 05-28-2020 at 09:41 PM..
Appreciate 0