View Single Post
      12-17-2018, 02:55 PM   #1
M4drift
Private
Rep
Drives: 15' M4 MPE, DCT, Carbon galore

Fitment issues with VRSF downpipes, anyone else?. X6M

Hello everyone,

Wondering if others have run into the same problem I am having. Long story short drivers side downpipe fit with "some" tweaking/finessing of the flex pipe however the passenger side doesn't stand a chance of lining up. The flex joint is firmly pressed into the block/heat shield long before the top can get anywhere close to where it needs to be. Even with forcing the hell out of it the passenger side is just too far off to be usable. Absolute interference fit and will not turn out well long term for the flex joint as it grinds into the block with normal expansion/contraction and vibration. Top and bottom are fixed axis as the back of turbo and the fixed flange it sits in below do not move. So there really is no "magic trick" to install and alignment.

What's super frustrating, beyond just the poor fitment of the pipe, is the absolute lack of communication from VRSF. I emailed them, because they have no phone number listed anywhere and the only one I could dig up from searching no one ever answers, and this was late last Friday. I also emailed Mike at XPH whom I purchased them through and he did respond Saturday morning, asked for pics, and forwarded them on to VRSF. Since then however no further response from anyone and the X is torn down and dead in the water costing me $ by the day. I also emailed VRSF weeks in advance confirming fitment by VIN (since there is two bolt and slip fit variations) and to this day zero response. It is the 2 bolt flange type so that portion is correct, just passenger fitment is laughable at best.

Did anyone else encounter this issue on install? 2012 X6M Ready to box these up and return them as I now see why these are cheaper then a lot of the others available, who cares what they cost if they don't fit.

My options are:

1. To chop these up and re-fabricate from scratch, however I feel the flange on the base of the downpipe is off to begin with so even the parts aren't totally reusable. Also these were heat coated and will make fab a total pain in the butt and toxic to breath.

2. Gut the factory units and reinstall knowing fitment will be spot on. Worried about droning though from the empty chamber left behind, anyone else experience this?

3. Return these and buy a set from Active Autowerkes. More expensive but fitment 'should be' spot on like other components of theirs I own.

Thoughts from anyone? This needs to be back together literally days ago so time is not on my side. AA will overnight them to me if needed however and Rob there was very helpful

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0