Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW x6 5.0

Garage List
2010 X6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
How's the power increase?
Definitely a lot better and the turbo response is better than the stock X6 turbos, I have noticed better torque now thats its been ESS tuned. I have Race Downpipes straight though the X pipe to a Akrapovic rear quad exhaust, the turbo whistle is definitely louder.

The next upgrade will be intercoolers, once I find a space in which to install / fit them I should notice an improvement as the F10 M5 intercoolers have a better flow rate. I am thinking that I will try to fit them somehow in front of the oil coolers behind the front bumper. It will require a little finesse to squeeze them in.... but I won't know until I remove my front bumper and look at doing some relocating ??

Once the intercoolers have been fitted I will arrange a dyno to see how the power increase has changed and of course will post some pictures and the dyno chart.

For anyone who is thinking of doing the swap I can only advise that it can be expensive, I was lucky enough to buy a complete F10 M5 that had a damaged engine and the owner did not want to pay to have it repaired so I managed to take the whole car for around 5000 dollars. and I am still selling parts from that car to recuperate some expenses back.

Worth while?? The M5 turbos have a better reputation and life span in my opinion compared to the X6 turbos which was one of the main reasons for me wanting to make the swap, and everything is pretty much bolt off bolt on apart from my custom charge pipes to accommodate my electronic Turbosmart BOV's. I guess the only downfall now is the slight smell of petrol due to the race downpipes overall..

Hope this helps any forum members and feel free to PM guys if you need any help with your install.
Appreciate 0