TTV8M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 AMG GLE53, '10 X6M

Garage List
2023 AMG GLE53  [0.00]
2010 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2008 Mini Cooper S  [0.00]
yep, sounds like a bad measurement / manufacturing defect. sorry to hear you had to go thru this. i was considering this brand as well and now i am not. thanks for posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4drift View Post
Sounds like you faired better then I did and also like we have different model years. The exhaust on this year model isn't being held by the midpipes. It goes into a fixed flange that bolts to the transmission so there is ZERO wiggle room there. Also no other brand of downpipe that I have researched suggests or requires you to remove the heatshields bolted to the block, they are there for good reason and deflecting as much heat away from there as possible. The top side (firewall) is optional depending on manufacturer from what I have gathered and the top shield is a must.

Having to force the downpipe on with pry bars isn't reasonable to begin with as there is plenty of room on the other side of each pipe to have ample fabrication room when being mocked up. My drivers side took a small amount of finesse to get in place, which was reasonable, and that was it. The passenger isn't even close as you can see in the photos. That shot is taken with the downpipe pressed all the way up to the block.