View Single Post
      03-03-2024, 11:13 AM   #69
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL9M2 View Post
Well here you go. Sorry, by memory I was 1 mpg off. 36.8 best on a 50 mile trip. 20 mpg average including city driving and pulling trailers, etc.. Any further questions I can help with?
I can show my M235 getting 49mpg over 30 miles going 60mph on a flat road and then down a 20 mile minor grade, essentially coasting. That car is rated at 28mpg highway. The car consistently gets 22mpg combined over the last 8 years.

Point being, you're being a bit misleading. That Suburban definitely gets great mpg for what it is, but in 70mph+ highway driving with some minor grades and a little bit of wind, it ain't seeing 38mpg. Maybe low 30s on a good day and more like upper 20s. I've read some forums and watched a couple YT videos because I was a bit taken back that a Suburban could get such good mpg. The best I saw a tester get was almost 32mpg over a 30 mile flat grade drive at 70mph.