View Single Post
      11-17-2008, 12:06 PM   #16
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
So, I have been hearing about this P21S Gel for a while. I usually use Zaino products and use just soap and water for the wheels. Since I have a M3 on order and knowing the fact that the rims that come with the M3's are PIA clean I decided to order some of this P21S Gel cleaner that everyone is recommending, hoping that this product will make it easier to clean the wheels.

I used it on my wife's regularly detailed MCS today. It was fully detailed 2 weeks ago and only had dirt accumulated over past 2 weeks. I wanted the test the P21S on one wheel as I cleaned all the others via soap water & brushes....

For the money spent on the P21S i think it is absolute crap! I let is sit on a fairly clean cool wheel for 15 min or so, hose it off.... and NOTHING.... All the dirt is there among with all the brake dust....

Since I sprayed it on a dry wheel (instructions do not tell you weather it should be sprayed on a dry or wet wheel), I reapplied it again on the same wheel now that it was wet... another 15 min..... again, NOTHING.....

What exactly is the purpose of an expensive wheel cleaner if you still have to scrub, brush & etc? What exactly does P21S does that regular Zaino car wash soap can not do....?????

Anyway, I am a little upset and if OP is still considering buying P21S, I would say stay the heck away from it and use regular soap and water....

Meanwhile I am also out on a search for a wheel cleaner that will actually clean my wheels.

There is no wheel cleaner out there short of staight acid that will totally clean a wheel without some type of agitation. The better cleaners like P21S will help loosen the brake dust and dirt which makes it way easier to get it off once you start hitting it with a brush or sponge.
Appreciate 0