View Single Post
      07-23-2018, 12:00 PM   #46
TS29849228
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80/F82

Thank you all for your responses,

I tried, repeaters, powerline adaptors and mesh systems. None of them worked, I believe because the pool house is just too far. Not only is it about a 30 -50 foot walk, but there are concrete stairs and a pool pump and a lot of foliage in between. The pool house is also about 30 feet below sea level in comparison to our main house.

We then got a contractor from our internet company out here to see how easy it would be to install a router in the poolhouse: its hard. There is no wire in the poolhouse, nearest available input is 50 feet away on the other side of the main house.

We went with a secondary internet account for 30 dollar a month internet service w/ free installation. The free installation was a steal for us, because the guy had to drag a wire in from god knows where and it took him almost 3 hours to finish the job.

Summary:
Repeaters are for the people who just "want internet in my kitchen, gosh darn it"
Powerline adapters and mesh to me are pretty much the same thing. Our pool house has its own circuit breaker.
Pro installation w/ secondary router is for anyone who wants a long lasting system in a pool house that is more than 15ft away from main house.

Thank you again, this community gets questions answered faster than the f80 itself haha