View Single Post
      11-07-2020, 08:27 AM   #116
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post

Your story is one of pain and suffering....and I'm not referring to your Vette.
Funny, my wife said the same thing.

Customer Service is not in their vernacular. This is absolutely a case study for how if one were to spend a few more dollars on taking care of a customer, one might avoid paying THOUSANDS more for a standard warranty case. The simple fact now remains, had GM paid ~$15,000 to swap in a new motor immediately, they wouldn’t be out $81k ($88k minus the $7,000 trunk cash on the car at the time of purchase) to buy back now a lemon titled car that they can maybe sell for $25k on the best of economic days. Save $10,000 (rough cost of the engine) to lose $60k. Genius.

On top of all that, we just got a bill from GM for $1,5xx for the Bolt EV that I returned after my dad passed away earlier this year (the story is on here somewhere too). We as a family had just gotten around to be able to talk about the loss without a ball of emotions, now I’m reminded all over again of the loss we suffered, and the attempt to extort $$$ from a grieving widow they tried at the beginning of the year. It’s not bad enough that we lost a loved one, they wanted my mom, 74 year old widow with no financial support except for the small stipend she receives from the government, who has depended on my dad her whole life, to pay the remaining balance on a fixed income, and even after I spent hours straightening it out between various parties, 10 months after he passed away, they decided to try and “collect” again and ripping open healing wounds.

Honestly, I’ve had some good and bad experiences with manufactures and car brands. I’ve owned and operated every single major brand under the sun except for VAG and Ford. And yes there are quite a few bad ones, but none nearly as bad as GM. Great product, but don’t EVER dream of having any issues because this is the kind of sh*t you deal with. Their dealership network is by far the worst of the bunch, and their corporate attitude towards customer service post sale is “f*ck them, let’s find the cheapest way possible to fix it.”

I was a staunch defender of every car brand, since I worked in the automotive aftermarket industry for a while. You will never hear me defend GM ever again. It is a garbage brand with garbage ownership experience.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 1