08-05-2020, 02:21 PM   #6
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolavz View Post
UPDATE........

After a careful reassembly for testing, I discovered that the CCV plastic tube that runs above the engine was cracked in 4 different places that I could not see yesterday due to light restrictions. In order to test it I wrapped the CCV tube in a liberal coat of duct tape. Sure enough, reassembled the car started and idled/drove no issues. All CEL codes now gone. Seems I will be needing to replace that tube. Not a big deal since I was planning on doing a custom catch can set up with the CCV system. Sometimes its the little things we can't see that are the biggest pains in the ***.
Sounds about right, the CCV tubes are the number one thing to fail in the N63/S63. If you can't get a replacement right away then I would wrap it instead with silicon self-adhesive tape instead as duct tape won't last long with the temps it's about to see. You can get the tape at any hardware or auto parts store. Pick up an extra role and keep in all yours cars, the stuff is amazing and can save your neck if a coolant or intake/CCV hose breaks on th road. It will do a better job of sealing too.
Appreciate 0