06-09-2020, 03:12 PM   #58
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvirgi View Post
Sorry to hear that!

My unit which i believe is the same seller as yours arrived today. I ordered the 1920x720 with wireless carplay.

If anyone has answers, i had a few questions:
1 - Do we have to use the supplied microphone, or can we have it use the built in car's microphone?
2 - Do the USB's have to be installed / used considering using the wireless carplay?
3 - Is this antenna for the wireless carplay? or is this possibly for the bluetooth or something else? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wso...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks!

1. I would use your car's microphone. IF it doesn't work, then you can use supplied. I didn't get a microphone in my package...but I haven't confirmed a phone call yet...car's been in the garage since Mar, with drives in the neighborhood every week or so to get to temp.
2. I think it depends on whether you got the optional wireless carplay. If you didn't, then you need the carplay dongle connected to USB. With wireless, and iOS, there is an app in the monitor called ZLink...and I set it to open each time phone is connected via BT.
3. I received that antenna and I thought it was for the TV option I ordered (and didn't install). It's not required for nominal usage...at least I didn't need it.