View Single Post
      11-25-2020, 04:25 PM   #132
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Thanks for the replies.

I figure I've got to stay, realistically. I just need to work out how to make that positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Well, going to assume from the first bit that your sex life is pretty dry to non existent. What did the good counsellor propose in that regard? All parties must acknowledge that's pretty significant issue right?

You leaving is going to have a wonderful chance of screwing up your kids though. I've seen too many divorces and from that, the kids are almost always affected worse than kids whose parents stay together. Unless there is abuse by staying together of course.

Don't know - that's a tough one. Sucks.
Yes, nonexistent except fo reproduction purposes only... I find it hard to deal with that; can't switch off the urge. Partner acknowledges that it's an issue, but at the same time can offer no solution. She's petrified I might leave (I've made it clear repeatedly that I want to stay), but can't offer any sort of plan. It's not just sex that's gone; it's any form of physical affection; hugs etc etc...gone.

Going to see a doctor to try and separate what is likely some depression from the relationship issues. I'm very aware that it seems shallow to split up the family basically because I don't get sex...but at the same time it constantly gets me down.

Counsellor would offer more ideas for sure, but my partner can't bring herself to be part of the sessions. Going to stop the sessions for the foreseeable - not very helpful since we can only deal with my side of the story. Initial proposals were some ways for us to show some affection, without any pressure. But turns out that if you don't feel the urge to show affection, and nobody asks you for affection......yeah.

Looks like I need a spoonful of concrete!
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13347.00