View Single Post
      09-18-2019, 09:55 PM   #1
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

And they said it couldn't be done! I made X5M Brakes fit in a Hyundai SantaFe!!!

Now you really didn't think I installed them in a Hyundai did you? #clickbait

Got a amazing deal from local dealer the X5M brake kit (Arrowhead BMW, if you are In AZ, highly recommend them, will match or beat most online prices)

In true BMW form, even the shipping box is over-engineered, they didn't think it would fit but it the little Santafe, but as you can see it BARELY did =).

I might sell the rotors and upgrade to the F85's before I use them, have some time to think about as doing a complete refresh on it first (new injectors, HPFP's, coils, plugs, valve guide seals, water pump, pressure converters) then on to the tranny with new solenoids (very HARD to find new for the ZF 8hp) and then finally the brake upgrade.

After all that is said and done: JB4, X-pipe, Alpina intercoolers, sprint booster (down pipes & new turbos already done). See how hard I can push it, then transfer all the new parts to a new rebuilt N63 if it doesn't make it....engine has over 150K miles now....will be interesting to see how long it lasts...

Probably start a build log just for fun.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 09-18-2019 at 10:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
Nyc Dito112.50