View Single Post
      10-12-2018, 06:43 PM   #31
brettbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 320i 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I haven't had any encounters on the road, but have had co-workers or family members make comments about it. Most know nothing about cars, and assume it is newer than it really is. Once in the 325 someone made a comment about how my daddy must've bought it for me. They were in a newer Suburban. I said you realize this thing is 11 years old right (at the time), and your Suburban cost more than this did new? They shut up after that.

I never understood the prejudice, honestly. I mean you can get a brand new 320i or base model Benz for a bit over 30 grand. Meanwhile the people who look down on you for driving something "expensive" are riding around with mountains of debt driving their $70k luxury trucks and SUVs.

It doesn't bother me, I could care less what people think, but it always reminds me just how ignorant people are.
Oh ya i hear comments at wrk, how can u afford a bmw, or whats this Beverly hills a women said to me ...I said maybe a bently i would say that....But if i pulled in with a 70k lifted Silverado, nothing would be said, people are ignorant..everybody got to say something ….
Appreciate 0