View Single Post
      10-09-2021, 09:46 AM   #241
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Bimmergeeks ProTool Coding Parameters

I've had this Bimmergeeks ProTool with BT adapter for a while and finally got it working. After talking with Bimmergeeks it appears to be user error b/c I didn't disconnect Wifi and other BT devices besides the device using the ProTool App. After a lot of recent coding, I found this start procedure worked best for me and the BT adapter:

1. Ensure all other BT Devices are turned off in Android Device
2. With Android Device (I used a Kindle) WIFI ON, open ProTool Application and ensure no App updates are required.
3. Once ProTool App open, turn Android Device WIFI OFF
4. Plug ProTool BT Adapter into vehicle (remove lower trim panel to ensure snug fit)
5. Plug key into vehicle and press ignition button ON (do not start engine)
6. With Android Device WIFI OFF, pair new BT device, “Bimmergeeks!”, enter password. Should auto connect after first time login.
7. Follow instructions in ProTool Application

In hindsight I should have bought the cable, but now this works so I'm good.

The current version of ProTool organizes parameter coding into POPULAR, STANDARD, and EXPERT. Below is the path to get to the specific coding parameters (blue text). This may not all make sense unless you have the ProTool App open, but thought I'd share some of my coding changes.

1. ENABLED > Video In Motion - Enables video viewing while driving. Entertainment>Radio System>Coding>Edit Coding>Popular>Video In Motion. Default Setting = DISABLED

2. ENABLED > Remove Camera Disclaimer - Removes the camera legal disclaimer from Idrive/monitor. So when you put the car in reverse or choose side cameras, the legal ribbon doesn't obscure the display. Entertainment>Radio System>Coding>Edit Coding>Popular>Remove Camera Disclaimer. Default Setting = DISABLED

3. VALUE 02 [PWM_AL] > Low Beam - I believe changing this value increases the low beam voltage and thus intensity. Safety>FRM>Coding>Edit Coding>Standard>Low Beam. Default Setting = Value 01.

4. ENABLE > Comfort Closing FOB - Enabling this will allow you to Lock your vehicle and roll the windows/sunroof up by holding LOCK BUTTON on your key FOB for 1.5 seconds*. There is another coding [Comfort Closing Delay] that selects delay time from pressing lock button. Conversely, already enabled as default, is holding the UNLOCK BUTTON to open all windows and sunroof (default setting Comfort Open Delay = 2.5 seconds). IF Safety>FRM>Coding>Edit Coding>Popular>Folding Mirrors via FOB is enabled, then activating comfort closing folds mirrors as well after delay. Safety>CAS>Coding>Edit Coding>Popular>Comfort Closing - FOB. Default Setting = DISABLED.

5. 0 Seconds > Comfort Closing Delay - The delay from when pressing the LOCK button on the FOB until the comfort closing starts. Can change to 0, 1.5 seconds, or default. With Comfort Closing FOB and Fold Mirrors enabled, when you press the lock button on the FOB the car immediately locks and mirrors fold. If any windows are open, they also close. Safety>CAS>Coding>Edit Coding>Popular>Comfort Closing Delay. Default Setting = 1.5 seconds.

6. ENABLED > Comfort Eject - This makes the key FOB automatically eject when turning off the ignition. Safety>CAS>Coding>Edit Coding>Popular>Comfort Eject. Default Setting = DISABLED.

7. ENABLED > Show Seat Heating - Upon pressing heated seat button, display monitor shows seat heating distribution for a short time then disappears. If you have aftermarket Android Monitor, it does not switch back to OEM display. Entertainment>Radio System>Coding>Edit Coding>Standard>Show Seat Heating. Default Setting = DISABLED.

8. ENABLED > Remove Legal Disclaimer - Removes the legal disclaimer from Idrive monitor/display upon startup. Entertainment>Radio System>Coding>Edit Coding>Popular>Remove Legal Disclaimer. Default Setting = DISABLED.

9. 5 > One Touch Blinker Count - Default car/key memory for one touch turn signal functionality, choose from 1, 3, 5, or 7 count. There is also an idrive setting that allows you to select a box for Blinker Count 3. With setting at 5, the box for 3 is un-selected. Safety>FRM>Coding>Edit Coding>Popular>One Touch Blinker Count. Default Setting = 3.

10. DISABLED > Cold Check Reverse Lights - ‘Cold Check’ means checking or monitoring the bulb when it is OFF, no power. In this case, disabling cold check means the system will not check/monitor the reverse lights when the lights are not in use (IE: vehicle not in reverse and bulb off). Since the vehicle has been upgraded to LED reverse lights, the LEDs flicker when a cold voltage check is made by the system. There is no flickering with halogen bulbs. This flickering of the LED reverse lights can be seen at startup. No fault is thrown because this brand of LED reverse lights meet the voltage range of the system check. If the LED fails when the vehicle is not in reverse (or LED not in use), no check will be made and no fault displayed on the cluster. As long as ‘Hot Check: Reverse Lights’ remains ENABLED, and the bulb has failed, then a fault will be sent to the cluster the next time the vehicle is put into reverse (or LED attempts turn on, IE: HOT). Safety>FRM>Coding>Edit Coding>Standard>Cold Check Reverse Lights. Default Setting = ENABLED.

11. ENABLED > Windshield Wipers Down - When using the windshield wipers and the ignition is turned OFF, force wipers to finish their cycle. Enabling this feature, will result in the wiper arms returning to full down position at Ignition OFF. Interior>Junction Box (JBBF70)>Coding>Edit Coding>Windshield Wipers Down. Default Setting = DISABLED.

12. ENABLED > Close Trunklid via FOB and Button - With this feature enabled, the interior center console ‘open trunklid’ button can be used to close the trunk. The FOB can also be used to open and close the trunklid. Chassis>Tailgate>Coding>Edit Coding>Close Trunklid via FOB and Button. Default Setting = DISABLED.

13. CUSTOM VALUE [Data: 10161E262E36404040] > DREHZAL_SEGMENT_SCHL - Trunklid Slam Fix, now closes softly. See thread https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1809659. Chassis>Tailgate>Coding>Edit Coding>Expert>HKL_70 CODING>DREHZAL_SEGMENT_SCHL. Default Setting = Value 02 [wert_02|Data: 404040404040404040].

I've connected to the ProTool App using my Android Monitor [with no real success, presumably b/c of my user error described above], however I've not done any real testing with it. Will report back.

I'm testing a few other parameters as well...

Last edited by argento; 10-10-2021 at 10:53 AM..
Appreciate 2
XRatedM136.50
TTV8M121.00