View Single Post
      09-13-2021, 10:04 AM   #234
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRatedM View Post
Looking forward to exhaust and diffuser install - share the link of where you got this from
Me too, lol.

I can't recommend this unit until I install, but I got it on ebay, Item # 254973801507, enter this number into search.

There are a few vendors on ebay selling these. The vendor I bought from has a lower feedback % than the others, but was also cheaper. In reading the negative reviews it appears to be a problem in COMMUNICATION, mostly with newer model car diffusers with more complex installs. Their problem is that multiple depts (different products) at this vendor see the ebay messages and each dept may respond, causing confusion. For instance, and this may be TMI, but I emailed them about three times prior to purchase to see how this installs. I was told no double sided tape, only oem fasteners and a buckle at the bottom. I could never get a clear answer on how the buckle at the bottom works to keep the top part from being loose. They assured me they've been making for a long time and fits perfectly, but I would need to remove bumper..ok, done that a few times. They even required me to send a pix of my car to confirm fitment. Ordered, arrived. No buckle, but a bunch of screws came with the product. I messaged them about no buckle and we traded several messages, summarizing their responses in this order: 1) we included free 3M tape and screws for install. 2) No need for double sided tape, use only the screws. 3) Sorry, multiple staff a different depts received your message. So clearly I'm on my own on the install, but others that bought this exact product mentioned it fit, so we'll see. To me, it looks like it installs with the existing OEM fasteners and I may or may not need 3M double sided tap along the top...I don't see why the bumper needs to be removed, at least not yet.

There is one vendor on ebay selling these for $1500+, not sure what that's all about.

Picked up my car from the dealer as TS Nicholas is arriving and didn't want my car outside while I wait for parts to arrive. I actually got it back two Friday's ago, but then I found coolant on my garage floor over the weekend. Took it back, last Mon and my Zurich warranty once again covering the cost of another hose and the pump, no questions asked all parts/fluid covered. I don't complain about the time it takes b/c they've given me 750 loaner both times, been driving it for weeks and it's hard to swap back out, lol. I actually prefer being lower...coming from M3's...one day I'll get into an M5 and someone can take over this build for me :-)

Last edited by argento; 09-14-2021 at 08:34 AM..
Appreciate 0