View Single Post
      06-14-2020, 05:08 PM   #155
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Yes, that was a disastrous day :-/ My shop did an amazing job tho, they really went the extra mile to put it back together. Luckily he clipped the bumper only or it would have likely been totaled.

I've never kept front license plates on any of my bmw's since 1999. I've lived in Houston all this time. Since then I've been pulled over twice by DPS traveling down I10 and in SA, neither times speeding or anything else, just the plate. You want to have the front license plate somewhere in the car b/c they'll ask you for it. I was given a warning both times.

I also took the plate off my wife's Pilot. Locally, a lot of sporty cars go without so we're not alone. Also I only drive 7 miles to/from work, so I don't get a lot of exposure. I expect to get pulled over some day, pay the fine, and take one for the team. I think if I were speeding around all the time I'd get a lot more attention...but I believe they have bigger fish to fry.

I actually have carbon leather trim, not aluminum trim. If you look at your door panel, there is an aluminum colored strip beneath your wood trim...THAT is what I wrapped in gloss black.