Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandref321 View Post
Thanks for the measurements! I might end up cutting mine to match when I get them. The drop shouldn't be dramatic but any change to your suspension in Hawaii requires reconstruction inspection every year which has to be scheduled far in advance and then you have to get an alignment within 30 days before hand. I'm eager to see your drop and if it's too noticeable I might wait until after my next inspection.
The drop isn't noticeable at all. I forgot to measure the front and rear fender height before the install but I'm sure someone on here can add that information.

First impressions: the Dinan spring setup is what the X5M should be like from the factory. Gone is the floaty feel and noticeable body roll even on the gentlest of corners. The comfort level is anything but harsh and not too far off the stock rebound setup. All in all, it's a minor tweak that isn't in your face and solely is for the improvement of overall handling characteristics.
I have not experienced any issues with the rear suspension like some mentioned with the H&R setup, and I made it a point to drive over various types of bumps/unevenness at different speeds. No complaints for me, but do not expect an aggressive drop of any sort.

More time behind the wheel will tell, but my installer suggested I get the alignment done after driving the car around for a bit to allow the new front springs to settle.

EDIT: the following statement is corrected in a subsequent post.

Note to those considering this: the bump stops in the ride handling kit come as a set of 4, all are identical. The rear airbag configuration with EDC renders two of the bump stops useless since the only adjustment to the rears is the adjustable Dinan links. I can sell the two I have for half off to avoid paying the full retail cost.

After (above) and before (below) photos posted.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0