11-04-2021, 04:28 PM   #64
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
Might be right. Car and driver still claims the z06 topped up with fluids will be 3700 pounds. Gm likes to quote crank power so actual whp will probably be 570hp

That gives it a similar to slightly worse power to weight ratio as a mclaren 570s. 3200 pounds and 530whp. Or dodge viper 3400 pounds and 540whp.

All speculation though. Can't wait to see some mags start reviewing it and setting lap times and drag racing.
My C7Z made 585rwhp bone stock and weight almost 3600lbs.

GM says the C8Z weighs 3400lbs DRY. So even if you add 200lbs worth of fluids, that's about the same weight as a C7Z.

With a better chassis, better weight distribution because of the ME, better gearing, faster shifts because of the DCT, and A LOT more traction.

It will absolutely be faster than a C7Z. A car that was already running with supercars.

The funny thing is that the C7Z as it sits stock would've been a faster car if it had traction. It's sluggish auto or the slower manual put that car at a disadvantage in some scenarios but still came out on top in some of those because of the shear brute power the car made.

Now GM took a step back and gave us an all motor setup, but with far more superior traction and weight distribution, a very fast auto and better gearing to suit the higher redline, this will be world class.

It's finally a supercar.
Appreciate 5
JPM-3219.00
mikado463468.00
WolfGTI717.50