View Single Post
      01-15-2021, 11:45 AM   #44
4play
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 GTS

Other drivers' irritating behavior generally all boils down to a lack of awareness/attentiveness.

That manifests itself in a variety of behaviors, all of which are infuriating:

1. Phone use / distracted driving

2. Slow merges onto a crowded freeway

3. Being in the wrong lane (i.e. when a lane becomes turn only and you try to force your way into a through lane because you weren't paying attention) and holding up lots of traffic because you are selfish rather than going around the block

4. Going under the speed limit when you can see from the ped heads that the signal is about to change, causing those behind to miss the light (and subsequent lights in sequence)

5. Not paying attention when a light (especially a left turn signal) changes, causing those behind you to miss the light

6. Driving 10-15mph over the speed limit when a 1-lane road has a passing lane, then slowing back down to the limit when it returns to 1-lane

7. Failing to allow faster traffic through on mountain roads with pull-offs

8. Driving in packs / blind spots. E.g. If I'm going 85mph and pass someone who is going 75mph, but suddenly they speed up and maintain pace with me

9. Driving without regard for speed limit changes or keeping inconsistent speed - people will go 75mph on the interstate in a 55 zone and maintain that same speed in a 70 zone. I try to keep my speed relative to the limit (10-15mph over the limit at all times)

10. Pulling up short to a light when there is a right turn lane, blocking the lane and making those who want to turn right wait for the entire light cycle

Driving in Atlanta for a decade plus has made me hate 99% of other drivers, in case you couldn't tell from this list.

Last edited by 4play; 01-15-2021 at 11:52 AM..
Appreciate 2
No Boost4021.00