01-01-2020, 05:23 PM   #93
scoobysaurus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Gen V Viper is end goal for me. While I'm definitely not an expert, I've been monitoring prices for a couple years now. The normal trim and spec'd ones are slowly depreciating, but overall they're holding value well. The TA 2.0, ACR, and ACR-E are all stable, or slightly appreciating. Obviously the rare (and one off) colors are much more valuable than the common colors. My personal favorite are the yorange TA's, either 1.0 or 2.0. They're hard to find, a pretty rare color, and holding value very well. I don't know if I would consider them an investment though, or any car for that matter.
+1. The gen 5 is pretty stable and even if the 'regular' SRT or GTS models depreciate they won't fall below 10-15% of their current market value before stabilizing. I've got a competition blue 2016 SRT because the Viper is truly the last of it's kind and a joy to drive. My McLaren is already stable and hasn't depreciated since I bought it. Speaking of which - look into a McLaren approved MP4-12C (2013-2014, avoid 2012). It'll be covered under warranty for a year or two after which you can extended it for about $5k/year. Mine didn't have any issues but I extend the warranty for peace of mind. FWIW I picked it up from McLaren for $100k. It's a steal for what is still one of the fastest cars on the road.
Appreciate 1
Conissah1574.50