View Single Post
      02-25-2019, 10:14 PM   #10
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

I agree with what others have said - be thankful/grateful they're doing all this work for free, valve guide seals are an $8-9K job at the dealer. I had my SA keep an oil consumption log all throughout my CPO period trying to get them to do the seals, but I didn't drive it enough to get enough entries. Long story short they finally approved 1 month out of CPO, but at least I got them fixed for free.

I told my SA I wanted to know anything else they found with the engine dropped out, knowing it would be much less $ to repair. On my 50i at 55K miles all the plastic cowling pieces behind the engine had cracked and begun falling apart from all the engine heat. I had the starter motor replaced, one of the front axle boots was leaking, and front brakes were replaced. I only paid roughly 1/3 normal dealer costs for those 4 repairs since the motor was already out. Did you end up having anything else fixed at 88K miles?

Do you have a warranty? Your repair fund seems quite low for this vehicle Even after my seals were fixed, more stuff has come up - fixing those seals was definitely needed but by no means meant this thing was going to be problem free for some long stretch of time.

Good luck, glad you got those seals replaced, that's the #1 big ticket item on the 50i. Will also make it easier to sell when that day comes, having documentation of that repair.
Appreciate 0