View Single Post
      01-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #15
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
I've shipped packages form the US to Europe, Asia, Canada and Australia with USPS. If there is a problem it is probably not with the USPS but with customs or whoever the USPS contracts with in your country which is likely your countries postal system. What does suck is the USPS tracking system. I can almost bet your package is in customs but the USPS system does not know this or it hasn't been updated in their system. It's not their fault that customs is holding your package.
I agree, I ship tons of international packages with USPS, and the problem is almost 100% of the time on the receiving country's side. The OP's package left US customs in NY which means it is now in the hands of the Finland postal system. USPS is out of the picture at this point. I would say it is still in process of clearing Finland customs and the OP will get it soon.

The USPS gets a bad rep, but after shipping thousands of packages, I can't honestly say that they've lost a single one of them. The USPS and Royal Mail in the UK are the two best systems in the world by far.
Appreciate 0