View Single Post
      02-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #6
mrpcar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Garage List
Check my post history, I've had my injectors replaced twice. First time 2 injectors, and 2nd time they replaced all the injectors. The dealer finally admitted to me that BMW had a bad batch of injectors.

When I first noticed the issue I saw that the bumper surround was getting dark from the exhaust tip, which was a sign of unburn fuel, evidence of drippy injectors. When I took my car to the dealer they thought I was crazy, but with my years of ICE experience I knew exactly what was wrong and told them to check it out. And they were able to pull two misfired codes from the DME, but the check engine light was not on. So they replaced the 2 injectors where the misfire code was showing. Several weeks later the bumper was getting blacken again, and I noticed fumes and smoke on start up, which again leads me to believe the injectors were leaky again. But since they couldn't pull the code they couldn't replace the injectors. Fucking morons! Now days they all depend on a stupid computer to tell them what to do. What happened to real mechanics?

They told me to drive it some more until the check engine light come on and bring it back. So I did drove it more and finally to the point where the engine was not starting properly. It took some very long cranking cycle before it will catch. Which make sense the injectors were leaking and the fuel lines were empty.

I suspected that there were issues with the BMW direct injections injectors, but no one responded after my post. Glad to see that people are experiencing the same issue now.

I think most people are not as sensitive as my butt when it comes to cars.
Appreciate 0