View Single Post
      07-30-2020, 08:24 AM   #1
SkypirateX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Skypirate's return to the E70 chassis. 2012 MCB X5M build "Monte"

After 5 years with my M3 I once again began to crave a larger more road trip friendly (read practical) vehicle. The E70 X5M has always had a soft spot in my heart after owning a 2011 M Sport prior to the E92.

I casually perused the market for almost 2 years before I finally sold my M3 and picked up a mint 2012 MCB X5M.
It had almost none of the options that were "must haves" for me nor was it a 13' which at one point was all I was looking for.
The MCB/SS color combo & relatively low miles were enough to justify a second look, which ultimately lead to me flying across the country and buying it. Despite being a North East car it is likely one of the cleanest examples in the USA. A lot of people claim their vehicles have "never seen snow" but this was beyond evident & to top it off the car was clearly garaged all its life.

Since I purchased "Monte" almost a month and a half ago, I've driven it from its previous home in New Jersey down to my friends shop in Nashville, German Motorworks.

Monte is currently undergoing round one of a "mid life refresh" and some "starter mods" as follows:
-Replacing the various vacuum & crank case lines that are known to go bad
-Front & Rear differential + transfer case fluid's (Transmission was fully refreshed just before I bought it)
-New Spark Plugs & Coil Packs
-Latest revision oil pump
-Latest revision expansion tank
-90° thermostat
-New TPMS
-Solid thrust arms
-1.2" H&R springs with new dust boots & M5 competition bump stops
-BPM tune
-XHP stage 3 transmission flash
-AA downpipes w/ high temp coating & PTP lava wrap
-PTP turbo blanket
-"OEM Exhaust Mod" with the addition of an X pipe before the muffler
-3.5" dry carbon exhaust tips
-90mm wheel stud conversion w/ titan race nuts
-15/20mm spacers
-a laundry list of vehicle coding
-all of the gloss black & color matched exterior goodies IND has to offer

I'm probably forgetting a few other things, stay tuned for the finished product.
Attached Images