View Single Post
      12-04-2017, 11:00 PM   #5
Deftronix
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12 X5d & 20 X7 M50i

It's an awesome upgrade - The bigger/higher res screen is the tip of the iceberg. Having an android in dash opens up a whole world of possibilities.

For ex, I have a torqbyte controller will be installing for meth and a mosconi dsp for audio processing which both have android apps for configuration / monitoring. Another thing I use the android side for is home automation apps such as lutron/smarthings to control lights/check status @ the house while I'm on the road or want to flip a scene on when I am driving up.

Currently exploring options for torque app / dash command dde parameter viewing

All stock functions remain working properly. Top view / front corner camera's/ back up cam worked as normal after install. Camera / PDC buttons still go directly to original idrive screens

The build quality of the screen was better than I was expecting.Was surprised to find out that the brushed outer trim is actual brushed aluminum and not plastic.

Only thing that bums me out about it is the "DVR" in interface. Almost 2018 and we only get video rca input, really?! An HDMI input would be much appreciated!

Overall, pretty innovative piece of kit!

Last edited by Deftronix; 12-04-2017 at 11:06 PM..
Appreciate 0