View Single Post
      10-10-2018, 03:10 AM   #16
drummerman15
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 50i

I took it to the dealer and had the airbags replaced and they also put a new driveshaft that was recently recalled. When I got it back, I fixed the Aux Water Pump and all is good there. I still need to fix the turbo coolant hoses as they are leaky.

When I fixed the water pump, I took it out for a drive and gassed it a few times. After the 1st time, no fault at heavy acceleration, BUT as soon as I slowed down, it started coughing and sputtering and went into fault mode. I restarted the car, the idle was better and I gassed it again, fault mode and bad idle. Third time, same thing. I pulled the codes and it showed multiple misfires on several cylinders - both banks. I took it back to the dealer and paid the 180 diagnostic fee expecting them to blame the usual suspects (plugs, coils, injectors). Here are the results:

They say it was all caused by a loose clamp on the intercooler - and the oil consumption issue are leaks at the turbo line cover and upper oil gasket (very time consuming fixes for replacement of a gasket).

"Checking all of the faults my guys here followed the issue back to a loose clamp on the intercooler. There was a breach in the system. We ordered a new clamp. It wasn’t very much and we are going to install it within the hours diag that was approved. Its been test driven and he hasn’t had a problem under hard accelerations as of yet."

"Additional concerns he noted the following as recommendations.

Thrust arm bushings are worn: 1098.96
Upper oil pan gasket leaking: 4074.45
Oil return cover leaking & coolant cross over lines (over lapping labor) 4991.00
a/c compressor belt missing: 622.20
cabin air filters due 244.11 Per vehicle data)
brake fluid flush due: 235.00 (per vehicle data)
oil change reading due 235.00 (per vehicle data)"

I pick it up tomorrow - we'll see what happens....

They also say that my hot engine warning light at startup is due to thin coolant - can that be correct (this showed up while it was at the dealer a few months ago and I thought it was the Aux Pump causing it - after replacement, the warning was still there)? or do I have a faulty sensor?
Appreciate 0