View Single Post
      09-21-2018, 10:44 PM   #5
cd85233
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 N63

Do you have Carly? It will help understand what is going on. I had a ton of turbo issues and it help.ed

The turbo intercooler low coolant fault comes up wonky.

"Charge air Cooling, energy operation
Code: 002EA6"

The code should still be there if that happened.

Vanos are easy to change. I could take it apart in about 30 minutes now. JUST DONT CHEAP ON THESE! I replaced them 4 times (2 each side) because I bought crappy amazon ones. I cleaned my old ones and my faults went away. I recommend you do this if you can. Costs nothing and could solve some issues.

As for plugs. Take them out, and gap them. Make sure they are all exactly the same as spec. When I gapped mine out of the box, they were all over the place. It's crucial for proper turbo support. If you are concerned your pump went bad, run the self-burping procedure and see if it burps the line. If it doesn't then maybe bad pump. Shouldn't be a bad replacement.

You can get factory restored turbos and seals for under $1k. Do it yourself, its not hard and just takes time. There are guides here and you can see my thread about my issues. You can have them replaced in about 8 hours.

Save yourself some time and read the instructions at newtis. Here is the link for the air charge cooler removal.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...ing/1VnZ6RJYmI

Good luck. PM me if you need help. I was able to fix a non-working set turbos with some time and red-necking.

If I missed anything in your thread or totally missed the point, let me know.
Appreciate 0