View Single Post
      06-11-2019, 06:48 AM   #10
BlackX5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: TL TypeS

Funny you mention that because I already came up with the idea that I would install low profile hood vents, or a low profile hood scoop to release heat from under the hood. I think Camaro comes with hood vents too. And there should be a way to pump cool air into the turbo area with a rubber tube and a high power telecom grade fan. They make them really small for telco devices.. so why not strap on a rubber tube to the fan, mount the fan in a hidden area, and run the tube under the turbo. So, no only is there cool air being pumped in, but you can evacuate heat with the vents. Heat rises naturally .. so install 2 vents.. on passenger side and drivers side of the hood. Just gotta watch out for water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
Finding anything but a 50i with all above is going to be pretty hard. My 50i has all above and h comfort seats, HUD, and full leather and dash are my favorite options on it along withth adaptive headlights and suspension, which spoil you and you take for granted until you drive another SUV and realize how much is does. Get a 50i with low miles or a new engine or at very least something that has seen only highway miles. A 50i that is daily driven in citry stop and go will not last long,the engine compartment is poorly designed for proper cooling off a reverse flow v8 and thus all the issues with cooked engine seals, gasktes tubes, hoses, valveguide seal's, etc

Last edited by BlackX5; 06-11-2019 at 07:49 AM..
Appreciate 0