View Single Post
      02-10-2020, 09:34 AM   #1
ParTee
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Phoenix Yellow

New member (e71 x6m): Engine blown?!

Good morning everyone!

On Saturday afternoon, I purchased a used X6M (Colorado) to replace my Land Rover that unfortunately got totalled. I am a known member in Colorado as I own an E36 M3 sedan (with LS engine), Phoenix Yellow E46 M3, and E86 MCoupe (imported from middle East).

I decided it was time to try out the E71 as I've been destroyed by them on the track and I love the look.

Vehicle has 62,500 on the clock with what seemed to be regular maintenance and was a 1-owner (no upgrades, completely stock).

Less than 100 miles after purchase, on my way home on the highway at normal speeds, the vehicle goes into neutral and I get the dreaded "Engine malfunction" notification... I pull off to side of road, hoping to God that this is just a weird sensor issue (CPS, etc). I restart vehicle, it idles smoothly but has DSC, parking brake light and either transmission or CEL (not sure which). I limp vehicle to my house (~5 miles) and disconnect battery for 30 min. Restart vehicle and this time different earnings appear. DSC, brake light are still on but now it says "DSC and xDrive malfunction"

I go to store for basic code reader while I wait for new Foxwell. I pull codes. I don't yet have a BMW-specific code reader that works for the E71. Codes are below.

P0012
P052b
P0012
P10ed
P052b

On Sunday morning (80 total miles driven), I start car to see if I can hear any sounds. At 2-2200 rpm, I believe I am hearing the dreaded rod knock that I've heard many times before

As of now, the vehicle has been towed back to the dealership where I bought it. I did not purchase the warranty as I believed I knew enough about fixing vehicles that I could deal with any normal problem.

I have read through all of the recall threads, RB issues and timing chain failures/recalls on N54.

At this point, I am simply looking for advice from people who have been in the same situation (and to get a bit of sympathy haha).

Regards,
Adrian
Attached Images

Appreciate 0