View Single Post
      01-31-2017, 11:30 AM   #29
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerboy63 View Post
Have injectors been changed? You will want to have index 11 or higher. This could contribute to your smoking issue if they haven't been changed to the later version. There is an open recall or Service Bulletin to replace them at no cost.

There's also an open airbag recall and another one on the Front Propeller shaft as well. You may want to take the M to your local BMW dealer and have them check these items out and sorted out at no cost to you.

I'm also assuming that you accomplished any BMW software update before installing the tune?
Yeah all of the injectors have been changed to the updated index version. I actually replaced the ignition coils, spark plugs, and fuel injectors recently so thats all new. I replaced it a few months ago when I was having misfire issues.

I still need to contact BMW about the airbag and driveshaft because I've heard/read some horror stories about both of those, I've just been putting it off.

All of the mods are going to be put on hold until I get this thing running the way its suppose to. I knew when I bought this car that it was going to require heavy maintenance. My previous car was an e63 m6 and the one before that was an e46 m3 both of which required a lot of maitenance as well. Its just a BMW M thing I guess...

This X5M takes the cake though. Unless you're ready to spend $10k+ to keep this thing running, I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone.
Appreciate 0