View Single Post
      08-07-2020, 02:24 PM   #15
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSnailz View Post
Yes i got the two torx inside the head out. I believe there is still pressure on the cylinder head as well. Only thing is that there is nothing for you to grab on or any leverage to pull it straight out and i mean straight out as there’s no clearance whatsoever to wiggle.

The intake manifold was questionable as i was observing. But yea this is my journey now. Thanks
Well on the plus side you can decarbonize the intake ports and do the valve stem seals (if needed) while the heads are off. Might as well replace your vacuum pump too, I think they are still on sale through BMW for 58 dollars (normally 400). You will definitely need a borecam to assist with getting the intake nuts and studs out. Once the nuts and studs are out, don't try to lift the intakes out until the heads are out, there's not enough clearance to get them out (believe me I tried) and there is a hidden wire loom on each side of the intake that runs the wires for the knock sensors that you need to disconnect once the heads are out.

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 08-07-2020 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 0