United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E70'11 View Post
Yeah I'm not sure why nothing was popping up unless it was purely me not specifying the search as I should normally. Anyway, thanks for the in depth review/feedback regarding this particular unit. I did read up a lot on the Avinusa website as well to get more of an understanding. I believe someone asked this above, XM radio functions would work with this unit as well wouldn't it? Since a lot of the plug n play from the OEM seem to have it's availability slot in this Android tablet
As far as XM radio functions: I want to mention ones again, you won't loose anything you currently have, your XM will work the same with you current system after you install Avin. If you looking to run XM radio thru Avin unit you probably will need to look in to some app that will let you do it but really there is no reason to do it.
It's kinda the same with radio, even tho never versions of the firmware for Avin has Radio interface it doesn't really do anything just yet, so you still use your OEM radio (I hope this is clear).
The good thing about this system that new options coming out pretty much monthly, the developers still working on this unit (fixing, adding, modifying) so support generally pretty good!
I have been in touch with Tommy from Avin who have been pretty helpful when I had my set of issues at the beginning...
Appreciate 1
Sabs1815120.50