View Single Post
      06-25-2020, 10:02 AM   #86
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvirgi View Post
Confirmed today this is indeed what’s happening; Bluetooth connection = oem mic. No BT, uses the screens mic. It was very clear testing it with both phones in car and receiving phone on mute. I tap either oem mic or screens mic and its very obvious.

Interestingly, the first phone we originally connected to BT works great and never drops the BT and uses OEM mic. The 2nd phone has consistently had the issue, I notice it will connect, then drops either immediately after or once I open carplay with the 2nd phone.

Today I tried removing the 2nd phone from the android BT and forgot the car from the phone. Re-paired it and still have same issues. Yet no issues with phone 1. I’m starting to wonder if there’s an issue with having multiple phones in the android list to pair or something.

Argento or others- is yours the same unit? Can you do the same test to check which mic it uses? And do you have issues with a 2nd phone?
Great work...very good info, thanks for testing this out. I'm in the middle of some audio testing, but will try the MIC testing next. I'm also trying to figure out a dimmer wire for a P3 gauge I just installed. Do you happen to have a list of test examples you want me to try or do you just want me to determine if my unit uses OEM MIC when connected via BT w/my phone? Then a test with a second phone connected via Monitor BT?

My version:
-(2010-2013) BMW X5 E70 Replacement 10.25” Screen
Android/GPS/WIFI/BT/A2DP/USB Multimedia for Original CIC System

-Snapdragon Qualcomm Android 10 – 4G/LTE capability
Snapdragon 625 (MSM8953)n Version Android 10 – 8 core, A53, CPU 2.0GHz, 14nmLPPn-GPU: Adreno 5-6, Support 4K HD H.264 (AVC)30FPSn-CPU: build-in Hexagon 546 DPSn- Use X9 LTE modem, support all kinds o networks (4G): LTE Category 7/13 – Support double frequency: 2.4G and 5G WIFI.n-SD Card: SD3.0, max 128GBn- Video format: MP4, AVI, MKV, WMV, MOV, FLV n- Audio Format: MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, APE, WAV