08-04-2019, 10:34 AM   #1
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Considering a Porsche Macan, but would have to get rid of my 128i

Lately I've been eyeing Macans now that I'm sold on the Porsche brand. I can't believe you can get torque vectoring and air suspension not to mention Porsche's amazing cabin and tech (a true intersection of modern and analogue of yore). And I keep hearing its handling is as good as many sports "cars" not SUV's!! Tried to drive one at a dealership but timing didn't work out.

As much as I love my 128i, the sporty, small car characteristics of it have been replaced by my Z4MR (there will always be a pre-F series BMW w/ inline 6, RWD and 6MT in my stable.). I also have a 7MT Porsche 991.1 for sheer chassis engineering and aural sensations. The 128i only remains in my stable for use as winter transportation, hauling ladders and long items around (basically sheer cargo storage) and slightly more comfortable backseat room vs the 911.

Only downside for the Macan is no manual. Thinking an E90 M3 is in the future for passenger and cargo hauling. Can't imagine the Macan gets worse gas mileage than an E90 M3 either.

What do you guys think? Does this machine have as good handling as my 128i? I don't care if its previous gen or current gen tbh. Will I regret selling this classic BMW for a Porsche SUV? I've always been an anti-SUV guy.
Appreciate 0