10-27-2009, 09:32 AM   #237
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
i've been talking to one of my finance professors hes gonna help me get start actually so im pretty excited....and thanks for some the tips
Thats great dude. Don't just take tips though....try and come up with your own strategies as well. My Uncle runs a hedge fund and is a very intelligent and successful person; when I first got into this, naturally I went to him for advice. His advice was to start a small dummy account...like on Forex (for example) where it is simply phantom money. Come up with a strategy...and trade based on that strategy and your interpretation of subsequent economic data that you feel would affect your positions (whether it being positive or negative). You must be honest with yourself, dont just go out there and take positions, otherwise you will never learn and effectively be able manage risk.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0