View Single Post
      09-29-2020, 07:09 PM   #14
Dawgz
2022 M4 Comp Xdrive
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave00 View Post
Dawgz - thanks again for posting all of this can you just clarify again the connections as I'm getting a bit lost in the pics? From the PCV schematic above are you eliminating the T-sections (with oil separators/flaps) and essentially connecting hoses 1,2 and 3 directly together with AN Barb fittings? Also, is the top feed hose to the catch can on the far right (closest to the driver front strut tower) going to the opposite (passenger side) valve cover via, the heat shield crossover? Also, it looks like you installed and connected sections of hose with OEM sytle Oetiker Crimp connections where the PCV sections were removed and did you cut any sections out? Sorry for the barrage of questions, just want to do this right as I'm not very familiar with this motor yet and not with FI setups as I've always worked on NA. Let me know when you can and any steps or advise you have would be very helpful.
Hope I can answer your questions below. Please feel free to ask more as it'll help anyone else that's looking to do this also.

• Hoses 1 and 2 are directly connected but with just a 5/8" ID hose. These hoses are connected directly to the intake manifold and doing this will allow the pressures of both banks to equalize.

• don't worry to much about where the inlet hose and outlet hose are going for the vent to intake, right now mine are indeed crossed as I need to route one of the hoses so that it can go to the correct side. However even with this routing there is no negative impact.

• yes, these are ear clamp at the original sections as those don't have strong barbs that fit super snug to the 5/8 hose. It fits just right but it's always good to use ear clamps at these connections so that there are no leaks. These are super cheap to get off amazon and you can get the tool for it also. You won't need these clamps at the AN fitting where there are 5/8 barbs. When you remove the original pieces, you will see the plastic tubing comes off the main connection ends, exposing connections for the 5/8 to fit. If it doesn't come off easily, heat the end a little with a hear gun.

Hope this helps, but as I mentioned, please let me know if anything is still vague.
Appreciate 0