View Single Post
      09-30-2022, 10:08 AM   #211
GregWX5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X5 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRatedM View Post
Hey, that's awesome - I think most of it is basic maintenance and needs done to retain the ride quality.

If the shocks aren't leaking, don't bother right now. I went the springs route for now because I plan on switching to KW V3 with EDC when it's time, for now it rides pretty well.

I have not replaced or touched the transfer case actuator because I had planned to remove the transmission + transfer case + differentials (front and rear) to go over in detail and inspect the leaks but I had to go on a road trip (about 2500 miles), so I just replaced the fluid and surprisingly transfer case and rear diff outer chambers were really low on fluid, about half of what is recommended, so it certainly is leaking but it's very slow and I'm not worried for now.

I do have a lot on my to do list but I hardly ever find time to get to it. Upper and Lower oil pan gaskets, rod bearings, engine mounts, rear control arms, flex guibo and so on. I just keep collecting parts lol and will see when I get to do it.

Ever since I sorted the PCV system with catch cans and a VVT breather, I'm not losing oil as such, about 300ml in 2500 miles which is quite normal for the S63 motor.

I haven't touched the bottom end of the motor yet but I plan to soon.
What's your take on the Rod Bearings, since I'll have to do the upper oil pan gasket since it is leaking I was also thinking of addressing the rod bearings. Evaluating whether this is something I can tackle on my own as well. I saw they have different clearances in real oem, that's the part I'm nervous about ordering the right parts for this.

Any parts that need special tools? I though there was something special about adjusting the oil pump chain. I previously tightened the oil pump chain when I dropped the lower pan and the chain was pretty loose so glad I did that. But should probably replace the chain as well, but not sure how hard that would be.
Appreciate 0