View Single Post
      04-03-2019, 10:16 PM   #16
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Thanks everyone for your encouragement !

Well so far all BMW dealer wants to do is give me $4500 and bmw USA $3500, so 8k total for a new car, they don't want to put the money into fixing the x5 with the miles mine has. Though they all agree it looks like new they can't put that kind of money into a car with that many miles and age.

The dealer also doesn't want to put any money into fixing it, they will either give me $1000 dollars and take my car away or the money above for a new car and they'll junk mine.

She doesn't deserve such a fate. So I've asked Bmw USA if they would consider the $3500 toward a fix and their looking into it.

I've found an engine that's like new out of a CPO x5 2013 with under 50k miles of use and it looks like new and the aluminum is still shiny fresh for $4500 and the dealer will cut their charge of 5k to install an engine down by half so 2400 for the install of the used engine.

So either way it's still a lot of money but I'd rather keep her going and sell it afterward to someone that would like it. It's got a lot of new stuff anyhow.

I went and bought a 40e M sport during this mess as my wife needed a car and just wanted to try and put the mess behind me. The x5 40e was NOT bought at the dealer however, not sure I'm feeling all warm and cozy yet since their is a known issue with the N55 blowing up after the OFHG replacement and even the dealer acknowledged the issue but it's my mileage in the end that everyone ran from.

Anyway I'll post more when I hear back next week.

Thanks everyone!

If bmw won't pony up the fix it cash I'll prolly just fix it myself and keep it in the garage till I get it all worked out.

Anyway here's a pic of the new ride!

Well the pics ain't working go fig!
Appreciate 0