View Single Post
      01-21-2016, 05:53 PM   #19
PAX5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_chris View Post
The updates gasket is orange, the old ones are black.

OP, crankcase vent lines are not covered under CPO. And the X5M's pcv hoses are pricey when purchased from the dealer.

Bmw has changed their goodwill policy. Most goodwill coverage is now 50-95% parts and labor. They use a formula based on your vehicles in service date and mileage.

BMW also changed their parts warranty coverage. If BMW pays 100% of a goodwill repair and your car is out of warranty then those parts will not have the 2 year/unlimited mileage parts/replacement warranty. The repair would have absolutely no warranty at all.

If you pay any portion of the goodwill repair, even 5%, then you get the 2 year warranty.

So due to the fact they are not covered by CPO, if you don't pay the $100 portion of the goodwill then the parts will have no warranty. also, if you have a part replaced under warranty and it fails after your vehicle is out of warranty then the part is not covered under the 2yr warranty. Basically, once your warranty is expired then all of your parts replaced are also out of warranty. No more 2 year coverage of parts even if they were replaced just before your warranty expires.
This is really troublesome these changes in OE parts warranty ...!

Are you sure? Do you have an internal bulletin you can post?

Is any of this in writing on the repair order, or on the customer receipt after payment?

In my book, if it is not in writing, it doesn't exist.

The BMW.com website clearly says that BMW OE parts have a 2 year/unlimited miles and labor warranty. My paperwork from the dealer say nothing!

Volvo is going the opposite direction: OE parts installed by dealer now have a LIFE TIME parts and labor warranty.