View Single Post
      01-20-2016, 08:19 AM   #14
turbo_chris
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 335D, 13 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
Keep in mind also, the part that they call the "filtered air duct" is something that was changed, part of the N63 CCP, but us M owners didn't get that. The rubber gasket for the turbo inlet on the old style is orange, the new ones are black. I busted the driver's side air duct and had to replace that part which was $265 or so, but I did get the updated one with the black turbo inlet gasket. I can post a couple pics if anyone is interested in more.
The updates gasket is orange, the old ones are black.

OP, crankcase vent lines are not covered under CPO. And the X5M's pcv hoses are pricey when purchased from the dealer.

Bmw has changed their goodwill policy. Most goodwill coverage is now 50-95% parts and labor. They use a formula based on your vehicles in service date and mileage.

BMW also changed their parts warranty coverage. If BMW pays 100% of a goodwill repair and your car is out of warranty then those parts will not have the 2 year/unlimited mileage parts/replacement warranty. The repair would have absolutely no warranty at all.

If you pay any portion of the goodwill repair, even 5%, then you get the 2 year warranty.

So due to the fact they are not covered by CPO, if you don't pay the $100 portion of the goodwill then the parts will have no warranty. also, if you have a part replaced under warranty and it fails after your vehicle is out of warranty then the part is not covered under the 2yr warranty. Basically, once your warranty is expired then all of your parts replaced are also out of warranty. No more 2 year coverage of parts even if they were replaced just before your warranty expires.
Appreciate 0