View Single Post
      07-28-2020, 10:17 AM   #82
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
No matter how "good" it looks or how well it performs, compared to models past or present...You can't get me to touch a GM product with a 1 million ft pole ever again.
It's absolute garbage the corners they had to cut to make these cars. Don't ever own one guys. EVER.
I leased my ZL1 for these reasons, I didn't really trust GM. The car was not entirely without issues.
1. It had a well know 'clunk' that was an under tightened front swaybar, I didn't even bother with the dealer, I went to my local mechanic had he had it fixed in a hour or two.
2. The headliner was 'undersized' the edges up by the windshield wouldn't tuck, and you could see a frayed edge of the cloth, replaced (they had to remove the windshiled to do it, and they broke it...and had to order another one a wait), the replacement liner wasn't as good as it should be either, but I let it go because Lease.
3. I did have a sensor issue, some sort of mass air flow thing (not sure if it was that specifically, but it wasn't correctly reading boots/ambient pressure). It took 3 or 4 trips to the dealership, had to 'escalate' it got the regional guys involved etc.

I did enjoy the car, and I'm not totally afraid of GM, but I'm not sold on them either.

I can forgive some things, I know that costs are being reduced somewhere so I can drive a car with insane performance for a relatively low price. But, those cost cutting materials still need to fit together properly, and (in the case of OP) the thing needs to be reliable.
Appreciate 0