View Single Post
      06-11-2020, 06:47 PM   #60
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Been following this thread for a while now...really crappy situation, and they're handling it so badly! Sorry it's happening to you.

Since you have lawyers involved, and you're past the threshold for lemoning it...why not just go ahead and do that? Sure, GM/dealer would drag their feet...but do you even want that car back at all now, built by that dealership? Personally, I'd jump at the chance to force a buy-back!

Also, getting hassled about it at home "I told you so" etc is the icing on the cake. Happens to me sometimes too. Makes my blood boil instantly! You're clearly calmer than I am, so I hope you're managing to deal with that better than me too!

Good luck
Just because a lemon law buy back litigation has been initiated does not absolve GM of their obligation to FIX THE GAWD DAMN CAR under warranty. Just because the threshold for lemon law has been met, doesn’t mean it’s resolved immediately and I get my money back by leaving the car at the dealership.

As it stands, even IF GM agrees to buy the car back, it can take another 3-6 months before a check is cut and I return the car. As of right now, there’s a 3 month back log of motions at the civil courts and our motion to compel GM to buy back probably won’t be be heard for another few weeks at the earliest.

Judging by those facts, my lemon law buy back process probably won’t conclude until the latter half of the year. And while I share my lawyer’s confidence that this will be resolved in my favor, resulting in a full lemon law buy back, life is full of surprises, and frankly I am still paying for insurance and registration in Cali for a car I own but can’t drive.

AND IT IS GM’s OBLIGATION TO HONOR THE WARRANTY AND FIX THE CAR. And I am holding GM accountable for the contract to sell me a car that runs, and warrant the car’s operation for a fix duration.

Lemon law or not, they need to fix the car. Especially with how they’re dragging their asses on buying the car back. If they’re going to take forever, and wait for a judge to compel them to follow the law and their obligations, then I want the f**king car fixed and back in my hands to enjoy while they drag this sh*t out.

Because I paid for it.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 3
unluky7519.00
XMetal1128.00
5.M0NSTER3353.50