06-22-2019, 04:39 AM   #22
bance
Registered
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: bmw x6m e71

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornesigs View Post
I have a 2013 E71 X6M I have had the car for 2 year and 1 month and I have been amazed at how little attention the car has required. I have made both oil changes myself with zero mechanical experience. The last Oil Air filter service I bought original parts online on promotion and had a local "non dealer" garage fit it all for me.

I had one blip with the car last year I placed a bottle of windscreen wash in the trunk and it fell over and leaked 5l of fluid, some fluid found its way into a computer which is located under the trunk matt and the 4x4 system shut down while we were away in the mountains.. not ideal. I took it to a main dealer they plugged it in located the issue and fixed for $800 all in which also included a replacement of a recall part in the X Drive system, unsure what it was off hand but if I had to pay for it it would have been around $2500. :-/ so glad I got it replaced for free.

Do not put alternate brands of tires on this car ever, I wasn't familiar with the X Drive system and apparently neither was the tire garage I took my car to, they put asymmetrical tread on the back and symmetrical tread on the front.. this caused major issues with X Drive and had to be changed immediately.

I drive this car everyday to and from school and long journeys, I'm not from the US and so running costs in terms of fuel is an absolute killer I'll be honest, going from my E90 318 M Sport Diesel which used to give us around 700 miles on a tank to this which we are lucky to see 240 to 300 miles was an absolute shock to the system and we had to create an additional monthly budget to run the car. I am not sure my wife would agree in fact I know she doesn't but the pleasure this car gives me compared with the fuel cost is immeasurable.

The performance of this SUV is mind blowing even by 2018 standards, I still chuckle to myself when I see the shocked look on the Sports Coupe owners face next to me after the street lights have turned green... lol and he is like WTF?! but its an SUV! I recently reveled in delight when I pulled alongside my neighbor who has just invested a lot of money in a 2018 Audi RS4 and I matched him out the gate without actually trying.. even with all of his popping and farting noises coming out of his exhaust which for some reason the RS models all do now..

I had a problem when full beam is on and I turn right Im getting an error about the directional something not working on the right headlamp which I will get checked out. Recently in minus temperatures my pads appear to be frezzing to the discs.. well the wheels wont move when I try to drive I have to coax the car forward and reverse and then they pop and become unstuck.. so that's weird. But next week I am having all new discs and pads fitted which it is overdue for and then I'll know if that was the issue.

This time I am not fitting the original rotor discs and pads I am going with Zimmermann Sport Coat Z drilled discs and EBC Yellow Stuff Pads. I am informed that I will see a great improvement on the original stopping performance which I was a little unimpressed with.

This car has cost me next to nothing in the 2 years I have had it and still even though its 6 years old now turns heads wherever I go and gathers approving nods from fellow petrol heads. I dont know if I have been lucky with mine but I would say go for it you wont regret it.

One last thing I wanted to pick up on reading the comments above, I was speaking with a tech in M Cars in Germany and he said that although dealers will tell you "oh its an M car that why it costs more" or "oh it broke because its a delicate and sensitive m car" he said that this is completely not true now with the V8 generation of M Cars.. he said the techs at dealers are so used to the high revving traditional 6 (10) cylinder m cars which can be those things above that they tarnish all m cars with the same brush when in fact the V8 in the X6M is a low revving and very robustly tuned engine which does not suffer any of the same issues as the "traditional m cars" these techs are used to working with. (points at v10) it is a shame because its almost like you have to educate them to the robustness and dare I say non m'ness of the V8 engine.. its just not what it used to be at all.
Hello

Based on your experience, i was comparing the engine Performance of the BMW X6 M E71 vs BMW X6 50i F15, in numbers it seems that the E71 is much powerful but considering the technology of the F15 it seems close , so which is faster

1-drag race 0-60
2-Top Speed
3-Reliability

If considering buying the E71 X6M with 10,000miles and willing to keep for 100,000miles what are the watch outs

Moreover, as i was shopping around i witnessed some include the bubble Hood and others don't, is this an optional feature ?

One more thing , are there any 2014s or the production ended 2013
Thanks
Appreciate 0