View Single Post
      09-22-2018, 09:58 PM   #21
9vapors
Major
Rep
Drives: CB X5M

So an update, I was able to get the downpipes out. The only issues I had were some small things, but they were significant. I ended up needing some t handle torx to get around the oil blow by system. I missed the 2 6mm Allen wrench bolts on the driver side downpipe. So I was frustrated, had to walk away for a bit. Halfway through, my 1.5 ton jack couldn't handle lifting the car anymore, so I had to break and go grab a new 4 ton jack, way overkill, but I have some other stuff to work on with it as well. If I subtract a couple walks to the auto parts store, the jack situation, the removal of the downpipes and taking my time, was probably about 4 hours. This is with me back and forth getting tools, jacking the car up and down, staring at things, taking my time etc. I still need to install my downpipes and get everything buttoned up, but ran out of time today. Also want to add the bottom copper nuts came off without much issue, I didn't remove the aluminum engine cover underneath or anything underneath the car. Just loosened the dp to exhaust slip on coupler, undid the exhaust hanger closest to the dp coupler and used a swivel and extension to get the nuts off. That took in all about 30mins.
Appreciate 0